DEADLINE: April 30, 2019
Election of several CWL District Governors, for two-year terms starting in October 2019, will commence over the next two months. CWL is accepting applications of candidates for election to vacant District Governor seats in the following districts.
DISTRICT 1: One position.
(Butte, Colusa, Del Norte, Glenn, Humboldt, Lake, Lassen, Mendcino, Modoc, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity, and Yuba Counties.)
DISTRICT 2: On position.
(Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Napa, Sacramento, Solano, Sonoma, Tuolumne, and Yolo Counties)
DISTRICT 3: One position.
(Alameda, Contra Costa, San Mateo, and Santa Clara Counties).
DISTRICT 4: One position.
(San Francisco and Marin Counties)
DISTRICT 5: No positions open at this time.
(Fresno, Inyo, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, Mono, Monterey, San Benito, San Joaquin, Santa Cruz, Stanislaus, and Tulare Counties.)
DISTRICT 6: No positions open at this time.
(Santa Barbara, Ventura, San Luis Obispo, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties)
DISTRICT 7: One position.
(Los Angeles County)
DISTRICT 8: No positions open at this time.
DISTRICT 9: One position.
(San Diego and Imperial County)
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a current resume and a candidate’s statement of no more than one half (1/2) typewritten page in length via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the:
Nominating Committee, CWL, 700 R Street, Suite 200, Sacramento, CA 95811, no later than the close of business, April 30, 2019.
For further information, or sample candidates’ statements, please contact Teri Anticevich at (916) 930-9020 or email@example.com.
DISTRICT GOVERNOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
District Governors attend six Board meetings per year at locations throughout the state. They also participate in committees, help plan events, recruit new CWL members, and assist in running the organization.
Why should you run:
- Because CWL’s clout and effectiveness grow with every smart, energetic woman who gets nvolved;
- Because you will get to know nice, smart, committed women from all over the state;
- Because it is important that every district have a representative on the Board of Governors.
- If you don’t run, who will? Don’t sit back and wait for other women to run. If you are committed to the future of women lawyers in California, send in your application.
Who is eligible to run:
To be eligible, you must be an active member of the State Bar of California, in good standing and also a Class 1 CWL member in good standing.
Class 1 members must be:
- A member in good standing of the State Bar of California;
- A judge of a court of record in the State of California;
- A full-time member of the faculty or a dean of a law school in the State of California;
- A member in good standing of the Bar of another state;
- A law student attending a California law school; or
- A California resident who has graduated from a law school within the last three years and not yet admitted to the State Bar of California, but only upon written application to the corporation’s principal offices and upon timely payment of dues;
- Governors are required to have their principal business office or residence in the geographical District the Governors represent.