CWL Foundation Nancy E. O’Malley Scholarship
The California Women Lawyers Foundation proudly announces the creation of The Nancy E. O’Malley Scholarship, founded in 2016 to honor CWL Past President Nancy O’Malley (2009-2010) for her dedication and commitment to promoting California Women Lawyers and protecting all women and children in our society. The scholarship will be awarded annually to a law student whose prior and current activities, and future plans demonstrate a commitment to issues affecting women and/or children in the community. Women and men are eligible to apply. Scholarship of $5,000 will be awarded annually.
To be eligible, students must meet the following requirements:
- Membership in CWL
- Be currently enrolled in a law school accredited by the Committee of Bar Examiners of the State of California;
- Be in the top fifty percent of their law school class currently;
- Demonstrated financial need; and
- Demonstrated a commitment to issues affecting women and/or children in the community.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Personal statement addressing your commitment to issues affecting women and/or children. Be sure to address how your commitment will continue after law school graduation. The personal statement should also explain why you need the scholarship and how it will benefit you. The personal statement must be typed, double-spaced, min 12 point type, and maximum of two pages;
- Current resume and two references;
- Completed and signed application;
- Certified law school transcript;
- Letter of good standing from current school; and
- Minimum of one letter of recommendation (maximum of three letters). At least one letter of recommendation must be from someone with personal knowledge of the applicant’s dedication to issues affecting women and/or children in the community.
Applications must be delivered by email or regular mail to CWL Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or 700 R Street, Ste. 200, Sacramento, CA 95811. Completed applications and materials must be e-mailed as a single PDF to email@example.com on or before March 31, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Please remember to make the subject line of the email your first and last name – Scholarship Application. If you prefer to fax your application, please use fax number 916-231-2141.
Applications must be received by March 31, 2017.
If you have any questions, please use the subject line first and last name – scholarship question and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.