California Women Lawyers (CWL), the only statewide voice for California women lawyers and judges, represents the interests of over 30,000 women in all facets of the legal profession in California. Our annual programs draw attorneys, judges, students and others from the legal community from across the state. Those programs include our:
- Annual Conference - This full day conference offers inspiration and MCLE credits with a network reception immediately following. The conference alternates annually between Northern California and Southern California.
- Nothern California Judicial Reception and presentation of the Rose Bird Memorial Award
- Southern California Judicial Reception and presentation of the Joan Dempsey Klein Distinguished Jurist Award
- So You Want to Be a Judge - With invaluable insights into the JNE Commission process, this program demystifies the judicial application process and seeks to increase participants' chances of appointment.
- Elect to Run - This event educates women on why they should run for public office, demystifies the process of running and encourages and empowers women to elect to run.
- Annual Dinner and Silent Auction - The CWL Annual Dinner is the kickoff event for the State Bar of California's Annual Conference. Past speakers include California Supreme Court Justice Joyce L. Kennard, US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Attorney General Janet Reno and Senators Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer. Proceeds from the Silent Auction benefit the CWL Foundation.